Here is what we think is the only comprehensive record of pubs and beerhouses within the Coventry city boundaries going back as far as available records allow. This is an ongoing project so contributions, corrections or additions to this archive, especially anecdotes, photos and media are most welcome. Feel free to contact us for a pint and a chat anytime.
Yates Wine Bar
YATES WINE BAR
18 HIGH STREET
1 & 2 HAY LANE
This is the name of a chain of wine bars.
The 15th. century buildings on this site were demolished in 1854 and replaced with the present brick structure which was Waring & Gillows furniture shop for many years until becoming Yates in 1994. This did not last long as it was shut by 2010.