|ADDRESS||1059 FOLESHILL ROAD|
|ALTERNATIVE ADDRESSES||LITTLE HEATH ROAD, LITTLE HEATH, FOLESHILL. BACON'S YARD|
|THIS PREMISES WAS KNOWN BY DIFFERENT NAMES DURING ITS HISTORY||FROM||TO||KNOWN AS|
|c1841||c1863||BEERHOUSE LITTLE HEATH|
William IV (1765 - 1837) was the third son of George III. He joined the navy as a midshipman in 1779 and was soon a captain. He frequently disobeyed the orders of his superiors and violated the rules of discipline so he was never allowed to command a ship. Instead, in 1801 he was promoted to the rank of Admiral of the Fleet.
This pub is first mentioned in a sale document of 1837, when the licensee was John Bacon. Interestingly, one address for the pub is ' Bacon's Yard '. In 1982 it was 'a popular local with mock half-timbered appearance'. In 1986 it was taken over by Pele (real name, Bains) who provided Indian cuisine and in 2010 it was the JK Indian restaurant. the building still stands.
|Known Licensees are;
1837 John Bacon
1880 William Truelove
1892 - 1900 Joseph Dewis
1904 Thomas Welling
1911 - 1924 Thomas Green
1929 - 1938 A. J. Bayliss
1939 - 1940 W. J. Neville
1986 Perminder & Jatinder Bains
Website Content © 2015 Real Ale Rambles. All rights reserved.
Website Design © 2015 Go Graphix.