|ADDRESS||WALL HILL ROAD, BROWNSHILL GREEN|
|THIS PREMISES WAS KNOWN BY DIFFERENT NAMES DURING ITS HISTORY||FROM||TO||KNOWN AS|
This is a heraldic reference to Edward IV, or the Earls of March or Duke of Norfolk. In 1899 this property was leased for 7 years by Phillips and Marriott for £30 per annum from J. Minstrell, Devonshire Villa, Nottingham, Eltham, Kent (from 1910 of Bore Place, Chiddingstone, Nr. Edenbridge, Kent ). In 1905 they leased it for another 14 years and in 1919 for another 7 years
In 1900 and 1908 it was the BEERHOUSE, Coundon.
This was originally a Victorian cottage called The Laurels. For the early years it only had an off-beerhouse license with beer served from the back of the house. It is thought to have become a pub in the 1930's when a small room at the rear was opened to the public. In recent years the whole ground floor had been given over to the pub.
|Known Licensees are;
1899 Elijah William Sanders
1905 - 1910 Charles Flint Catlin
1933 - 1934 H. T. Skermer
1935 - 1936 Mrs. E. Skermer
1937 - 1940 E. T. B. Sparrow
1960 Stanley John Adkins (see also Holyhead, Holyhead Road and Raglan Tavern, Holyhead Road)
1960 Ray Lesley White (see also Holyhead)
1983 Len Firth
1899 - 1919 J. Minstrell
Website Content © 2015 Real Ale Rambles. All rights reserved.
Website Design © 2015 Go Graphix.