This pub is only known because the fixtures and fittings were sold in 1838 and 1840. this must be the pub that became the WHARF It doesn't seem to have been too successful then. By 1841 it is no longer known as the Wharf Tavern, but the premises is occupied by James Stringer, retailer of beer.
St Nicholas Place was a series of buildings between the junctions of Radford Road and St Nicholas Street, and opposite the Coal Yard and Canal Basin at the city end of St Nicholas Street. St Nicholas was one the four original medieval suburbs of Coventry, very much the Earlsdon of its day, the others being Hill Street, Spon End and Far Gosford Street. The area was heavily bombed during the war and the council blocked any proposals to rebuild it. It was effectively destroyed as a suburb when Ringway St Nicholas was driven through it between 1958 and 1960 and by default has become part of Radford.