title artwork
Here is what we think is the only comprehensive record of pubs and beerhouses within the Coventry city boundaries going back as far as available records allow. This is an ongoing project so contributions, corrections or additions to this archive, especially anecdotes, photos and media are most welcome. Feel free to contact us for a pint and a chat anytime.

The Weavers Arms

photo
NAME WEAVERS ARMS
ADDRESS 49 EAST STREET, HARNALL FIELDS
THIS PREMISES WAS KNOWN BY DIFFERENT NAMES DURING ITS HISTORY FROM TO KNOWN AS
1841 1841 BEERHOUSE, Primrose Terrace
1845 1868 WEAVERS ARMS
1859 1940 WHITE HORSE INN

The Worshipful Company of Weavers (1155) has the longest history of any city guild. Weaving played a vital part in Coventry's economy from the Middle Ages

In 1841 see the BEERHOUSE, Primrose Terrace. This was the earlier name of the WHITE HORSE and was built by Joseph Shilton before 1849.

Known Licensees are;
1849 - 1851 Joseph Shilton
1868 Henry Pepper
Owners;
1849 - 1851 Joseph Shilton
photo

Website Content © 2015 Real Ale Rambles. All rights reserved.
Credits and Copyrights for photos and images have been given where possible. We apologise for any omissions

HTML5 Powered with CSS3 / Styling, Device Access, Graphics, 3D & Effects, Multimedia, Performance & Integration, and Semantics logo

Website Design © 2015 Go Graphix.