title artwork
Here is what we think is the only comprehensive record of pubs and beerhouses within the Coventry city boundaries going back as far as available records allow. This is an ongoing project so contributions, corrections or additions to this archive, especially anecdotes, photos and media are most welcome. Feel free to contact us for a pint and a chat anytime.

The Watchmaker's Arms

NAME WATCHMAKERS ARMS
ADDRESS HILL PLACE

This pub was named after the local occupation, which was also the occupation of the licensee. An enameller would have painted the watch dials.

In 1829 this is listed as a new public house in the Coventry Herald and Observer.

In 1835 John Webb is at the BEERHOUSE, DEAD LANE and Thomas Webb at the BEERHOUSE, HILL STREET, WEBB

Known Licensees are;
1829 - 1841 John Webb & enameler

Website Content © 2015 Real Ale Rambles. All rights reserved.
Credits and Copyrights for photos and images have been given where possible. We apologise for any omissions

HTML5 Powered with CSS3 / Styling, Device Access, Graphics, 3D & Effects, Multimedia, Performance & Integration, and Semantics logo

Website Design © 2015 Go Graphix.