title artwork
Here is what we think is the only comprehensive record of pubs and beerhouses within the Coventry city boundaries going back as far as available records allow. This is an ongoing project so contributions, corrections or additions to this archive, especially anecdotes, photos and media are most welcome. Feel free to contact us for a pint and a chat anytime.

The Victoria Vaults

photo

Butcher Row South 1900

NAME VICTORIA VAULTS
ADDRESS DERBY LANE
ALTERNATIVE ADDRESSES BUTCHER ROW
THIS PREMISES WAS KNOWN BY DIFFERENT NAMES DURING ITS HISTORY FROM TO KNOWN AS
1829 1851 BOARD, Butcher Row / Trinity Church Yard
1850 1851 SPIRIT VAULTS, Trinty Church Side / Butcher Row
1851 1856 VICTORIA VAULTS, Butcher Row / Derby Lane
All the references we have found for this property occur in 1856. In this year the license was withdrawn at the request of the police as it was a ' disorderly house 'Later in the year it was used for an auction and in October the stock was for sale and the licensee, Mr Botterill was leaving.
Known Licensees are;
1829 John Wallis
1840 James Sabin
1841 - 1842 Thomas Sabin
1842 Elizabeth Dalton
1850 Mr Crockford
1850 - 1851 Martha Crockford
1851 George Cobley
1856 Mr Botterill
photo

Butcher Row North 1900

Website Content © 2015 Real Ale Rambles. All rights reserved.
Credits and Copyrights for photos and images have been given where possible. We apologise for any omissions

HTML5 Powered with CSS3 / Styling, Device Access, Graphics, 3D & Effects, Multimedia, Performance & Integration, and Semantics logo

Website Design © 2015 Go Graphix.