title artwork
Here is what we think is the only comprehensive record of pubs and beerhouses within the Coventry city boundaries going back as far as available records allow. This is an ongoing project so contributions, corrections or additions to this archive, especially anecdotes, photos and media are most welcome. Feel free to contact us for a pint and a chat anytime.

The Turk's Head

Phillips and Marriot's dray wagons line Little Park Street

Phillips and Marriot's dray wagons line Little Park Street

NAME TURKS HEAD
ADDRESS LITLE PARK STREET

Noble families whose members had taken part in the crusades tended to include a Turk's head as part of their arms.

In 1692 Thomas King bought the Rose and Crown in High Street and in 1699 the Turks Head in Little Park Street from William Gilbert. King died in 1702.

Owners;
to 1699 William Gilbert
from 1699 Thomas King

Website Content © 2015 Real Ale Rambles. All rights reserved.
Credits and Copyrights for photos and images have been given where possible. We apologise for any omissions

HTML5 Powered with CSS3 / Styling, Device Access, Graphics, 3D & Effects, Multimedia, Performance & Integration, and Semantics logo

Website Design © 2015 Go Graphix.