title artwork
Here is what we think is the only comprehensive record of pubs and beerhouses within the Coventry city boundaries going back as far as available records allow. This is an ongoing project so contributions, corrections or additions to this archive, especially anecdotes, photos and media are most welcome. Feel free to contact us for a pint and a chat anytime.

The Three Tuns

photo

High Street East, 1910

NAME THREE TUNS
ADDRESS HIGH STREET

A tun is a large cask containing wine or other liquids, with a capacity of two pipes, or four hogsheads, or 252 old wine gallons. Three tuns appear on the arms of the Worshipful Company of Vintners and the Worshipful Company of Brewers.

In 1728 this pub was leased by Benjamin Brockhurst senior to Benjamin Brockhurst junior and Sandy Littleton. In 1756 four soldiers were billeted here. The pub closed on 22nd March 1784 and the brewing utensils, fixtures and fittings were put up for sale.

Website Content © 2015 Real Ale Rambles. All rights reserved.
Credits and Copyrights for photos and images have been given where possible. We apologise for any omissions

HTML5 Powered with CSS3 / Styling, Device Access, Graphics, 3D & Effects, Multimedia, Performance & Integration, and Semantics logo

Website Design © 2015 Go Graphix.