title artwork
Here is what we think is the only comprehensive record of pubs and beerhouses within the Coventry city boundaries going back as far as available records allow. This is an ongoing project so contributions, corrections or additions to this archive, especially anecdotes, photos and media are most welcome. Feel free to contact us for a pint and a chat anytime.

The Three Horseshoes Inn

photo
NAME THREE HORSE SHOES INN
ADDRESS 1007 FOLESHILL ROAD
ALTERNATIVE ADDRESSES 1009 FOLESHILL ROAD, LITTLE HEATH ROAD

THIS PREMISES HAS BEEN KNOWN BY DIFFERENT NAMES DURING ITS HISTORY

See all available records HERE

FROM TO KNOWN AS
1861 present THREE HORSE SHOES INN / HOTEL
1863 1924 BEERHOUSE, Little Heath

This name appears to have come from the first licensee's occupation, that of wheelwright and blacksmith as three horseshoes is part of the arms of the Worshipfull Company of Farriers (1673).

In 1906 Phillips and Marriott valued the pub at £ 2026, including two cottages and a graden. In 1908 it was the BEERHOUSE, Little Heath.

In 1982 it was a 'large, popular local with discos Thursday to Saturday'.

Known Licensees at the BEERHOUSE, Little Heath are;
1863 Isaac Edwards & blacksmith
1908 Thomas Walling
1912 - 1924 Henry Sutton

Known Licensees at the THREE HORSESHOES INN are;
1874 - 1900 Joshua Morris & wheelwright & blacksmith
1906 Thomas Walling
1909 - 1929 Henry Sutton
1931 - 1931 John Sutton
1933 - 1940 Mrs E. A. Sutton

Owners
1906 Phillips & Marriott

Website Content © 2015 Real Ale Rambles. All rights reserved.
Credits and Copyrights for photos and images have been given where possible. We apologise for any omissions

HTML5 Powered with CSS3 / Styling, Device Access, Graphics, 3D & Effects, Multimedia, Performance & Integration, and Semantics logo

Website Design © 2015 Go Graphix.