title artwork
Here is what we think is the only comprehensive record of pubs and beerhouses within the Coventry city boundaries going back as far as available records allow. This is an ongoing project so contributions, corrections or additions to this archive, especially anecdotes, photos and media are most welcome. Feel free to contact us for a pint and a chat anytime.

The Stork

photo

The White Lion (The Stork) was the last building demolished to make way for the Upper Precinct

NAME STORK
ADDRESS SMITHFORD STREET
THIS PREMISES WAS KNOWN BY DIFFERENT NAMES DURING ITS HISTORY FROM TO KNOWN AS
c1734 ? WHITE LION HOTEL
? ? WHITE LION COMMERCIAL INN
1860 1861 STORK
1926 HORATIO NELSON *tbc
1927 1955 WHITE LION (RESTAURANT)
This appears to be the name that the White Lion in Smithford Street adopted in 1860 - 1861.
photo

Website Content © 2015 Real Ale Rambles. All rights reserved.
Credits and Copyrights for photos and images have been given where possible. We apologise for any omissions

HTML5 Powered with CSS3 / Styling, Device Access, Graphics, 3D & Effects, Multimedia, Performance & Integration, and Semantics logo

Website Design © 2015 Go Graphix.