title artwork
Here is what we think is the only comprehensive record of pubs and beerhouses within the Coventry city boundaries going back as far as available records allow. This is an ongoing project so contributions, corrections or additions to this archive, especially anecdotes, photos and media are most welcome. Feel free to contact us for a pint and a chat anytime.

The Rayes Inn

photo
NAME RAYES INN
ALTERNATIVE NAMES HAYES INN
ADDRESS MUCH PARK STREET
This inn is first mentioned as long ago as 1411, when John Ray leases a new inn ( a hospicium ) with shops and garden in Much Park Street, from Trinity Guild. In 1594 we learn that the inn is conveyed from Edward Brugges and his wife Catherine to John Brugges ( must be related - possibly a son ). Rayes Inn is mentioned in 1603 and then in 1701 is conveyed from Edward Hill and Thomas Murcott to Horatio Hopkins. The name HAYES INN is an obvious mis-spelling
Owners
1411 Trinty Guild
1594 Edward & Catherine Brugges
1594 John Brugges
1701 Edward Hill & Thomas Murcott
1701 Horatio Hopkins

Website Content © 2015 Real Ale Rambles. All rights reserved.
Credits and Copyrights for photos and images have been given where possible. We apologise for any omissions

HTML5 Powered with CSS3 / Styling, Device Access, Graphics, 3D & Effects, Multimedia, Performance & Integration, and Semantics logo

Website Design © 2015 Go Graphix.