title artwork
Here is what we think is the only comprehensive record of pubs and beerhouses within the Coventry city boundaries going back as far as available records allow. This is an ongoing project so contributions, corrections or additions to this archive, especially anecdotes, photos and media are most welcome. Feel free to contact us for a pint and a chat anytime.

The Rainbow

photo
NAME RAINBOW
ADDRESS JORDAN WELL
THIS PREMISES HAS BEEN KNOWN BY DIFFERENT NAMES DURING ITS HISTORY FROM TO KNOWN AS
1835 BEERHOUSE, Jordan Well
1840 RAINBOW
1841 1868 COTTAGE AND RAINBOW
The Rainbow has been used since the seventeenth century. Its distinctive shape and colours make it a good visual sign whilst it may also refer to the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. In 1835 see BEERHOUSE, Jordan Well, and COTTAGE AND RAINBOW

Known Licensees at the BEERHOUSE are;
1835 James Gray

Known Licensees at the RAINBOW are;
1841 James Gray

Known Licensees at the COTTAGE & RAINBOW are;
1841 - 1851 J. Gray
1861 Catherine Jephcott
1868 E. Harris
1868 Harry Eaves

Website Content © 2015 Real Ale Rambles. All rights reserved.
Credits and Copyrights for photos and images have been given where possible. We apologise for any omissions

HTML5 Powered with CSS3 / Styling, Device Access, Graphics, 3D & Effects, Multimedia, Performance & Integration, and Semantics logo

Website Design © 2015 Go Graphix.