title artwork
Here is what we think is the only comprehensive record of pubs and beerhouses within the Coventry city boundaries going back as far as available records allow. This is an ongoing project so contributions, corrections or additions to this archive, especially anecdotes, photos and media are most welcome. Feel free to contact us for a pint and a chat anytime.

The Queens Head

photo

The White Hart Inn was demolished on 21st December 1962 to make way for the London Road section of the ring road

NAME QUEEN'S HEAD
ADDRESS 52 MUCH PARK STREET
THIS PREMISES WAS KNOWN BY DIFFERENT NAMES DURING ITS HISTORY FROM TO KNOWN AS
1747 1756 QUEEN'S HEAD
1783 1959 WHITE HART INN

In 1756 two soldiers were billeted here.

In 1844 this pub was leased by W. Westwick to J. Forster for £27 10s 0d per annum. It closed in c1959 and was demolished on 21st December 1962 to make way for the London Road section of the ring road.

Known Licensees are;
1822 - 1823 R. Arnold
1835 David Brickland
1841 - 1844 William Shepherd
1844 - 1874 Jonathan Foster
1879 - 1881 Henry Kemp
1886 - 1896 G. Prescot
1903 Walter Sykes
1905 H. J. Hinson
1909 - 1911 William Kelley
1912 - 1913 Mrs. Kelley
1919 Herbert Watts
1921 - 1922 T. L. Silvester
1926 - 1927 W. F. Stanton
1929 - 1932 P. W. Burley
1933 - 1938 W. G. Knowles
1939 - 1940 E. Carey

link to previous pub link to next pub

Website Content © 2015 Real Ale Rambles. All rights reserved.
Credits and Copyrights for photos and images have been given where possible. We apologise for any omissions

HTML5 Powered with CSS3 / Styling, Device Access, Graphics, 3D & Effects, Multimedia, Performance & Integration, and Semantics logo

Website Design © 2015 Go Graphix.