title artwork
Here is what we think is the only comprehensive record of pubs and beerhouses within the Coventry city boundaries going back as far as available records allow. This is an ongoing project so contributions, corrections or additions to this archive, especially anecdotes, photos and media are most welcome. Feel free to contact us for a pint and a chat anytime.

The Punch Bowl


Shop on the corner of Cow Lane and Greyfriars Lane from the 1960s. It clearly shows the cobble stones in Greyfriars Lane (left of picture). The car registration plates seem to be prior to the introduction of the letter suffix system of August 1962. Incidentally, both cars carry the suffix 'VC' which was used by the Coventry vehicle license registration office prior to that date.

In 1788 this pub was for sale, when it seems to have ceased to be a pub.

Website Content © 2015 Real Ale Rambles. All rights reserved.
Credits and Copyrights for photos and images have been given where possible. We apologise for any omissions

HTML5 Powered with CSS3 / Styling, Device Access, Graphics, 3D & Effects, Multimedia, Performance & Integration, and Semantics logo

Website Design © 2015 Go Graphix.