Here is what we think is the only comprehensive record of pubs and beerhouses within the Coventry city boundaries going back as far as available records allow. This is an ongoing project so contributions, corrections or additions to this archive, especially anecdotes, photos and media are most welcome. Feel free to contact us for a pint and a chat anytime.
The Plume of Feathers
Gosford Street 1924
PLUME OF FEATHERS
This is a reference to the plume of three ostrich feathers first adopted as a crest by the Black Prince. It now represents the Prince of Wales.
In 1756 two soldiers were billeted here.
In the Coventry Mercury of 14th April 1837 the furniture, brewing items etc. were advertised for sale. Presumably this is the date that it closed.