title artwork
Here is what we think is the only comprehensive record of pubs and beerhouses within the Coventry city boundaries going back as far as available records allow. This is an ongoing project so contributions, corrections or additions to this archive, especially anecdotes, photos and media are most welcome. Feel free to contact us for a pint and a chat anytime.

The Old White Lion

photo
NAME OLD WHITE LION
ALTERNATIVE NAMES WHITE LION
ADDRESS LONGFORD
THIS PREMISES WAS KNOWN BY DIFFERENT NAMES DURING ITS HISTORY FROM TO KNOWN AS
1845   WHITE LION
  1868 OLD WHITE LION

This is a heraldic reference to Edward IV, ot the Earls of March or Duke of Norfolk.

In 1803 JCM advertised that the pub was used for auctions

Known Licensees are;
1845 William Tims
1850 John Chattaway & corn dealer
1863 - 1868 John Birch & butcher

Website Content © 2015 Real Ale Rambles. All rights reserved.
Credits and Copyrights for photos and images have been given where possible. We apologise for any omissions

HTML5 Powered with CSS3 / Styling, Device Access, Graphics, 3D & Effects, Multimedia, Performance & Integration, and Semantics logo

Website Design © 2015 Go Graphix.