title artwork
Here is what we think is the only comprehensive record of pubs and beerhouses within the Coventry city boundaries going back as far as available records allow. This is an ongoing project so contributions, corrections or additions to this archive, especially anecdotes, photos and media are most welcome. Feel free to contact us for a pint and a chat anytime.

The Old Inn

photo

Lion Hose in Allesley. The (current) Park House and Lion House were originally one property, a coaching house called the 'King's Arms'

NAME OLD INN
ALTERNATIVE NAMES KING'S ARMS, WHITE HORSE, WHITE LION
ADDRESS ALLESLEY
This is the KING'S ARMS Allesley. In the Old Inn, Coventry citizens held picnics and consumed cheesecakes. In 1871 it was sold to William Barr for £675 who converted it into two dwellings.

Website Content © 2015 Real Ale Rambles. All rights reserved.
Credits and Copyrights for photos and images have been given where possible. We apologise for any omissions

HTML5 Powered with CSS3 / Styling, Device Access, Graphics, 3D & Effects, Multimedia, Performance & Integration, and Semantics logo

Website Design © 2015 Go Graphix.