title artwork
Here is what we think is the only comprehensive record of pubs and beerhouses within the Coventry city boundaries going back as far as available records allow. This is an ongoing project so contributions, corrections or additions to this archive, especially anecdotes, photos and media are most welcome. Feel free to contact us for a pint and a chat anytime.

The Old Ball

photo

Once the through road to the "Great Park", one of Coventry's most ancient and appropriately named streets is Much Park Street, seen here in 1912.

NAME OLD BALL
ADDRESS 142 MUCH PARK STREET

The obvious nature of this symbol has made it a popular sign since the fifteenth century.

This pub is first recorded in 1815 when it was used for auctions.

By 1859 this pub had closed and been demolished.

Licensees
1822 - 1829 James Piper
1835 William Hall
1841 Newman Clarke

Website Content © 2015 Real Ale Rambles. All rights reserved.
Credits and Copyrights for photos and images have been given where possible. We apologise for any omissions

HTML5 Powered with CSS3 / Styling, Device Access, Graphics, 3D & Effects, Multimedia, Performance & Integration, and Semantics logo

Website Design © 2015 Go Graphix.