|NAME||MOAT HOUSE TAVERN|
|THIS PREMISES HAS BEEN KNOWN BY DIFFERENT NAMES DURING ITS HISTORY||FROM||TO||KNOWN AS|
|1835||1841||BEERHOUSE, Thomas Street|
|1850||1857||MOAT HOUSE TAVERN|
|1857||ROSE, Moat Street, (Mount Street)|
|1857||1874||MOAT HOUSE TAVERN|
|This pub got its name from the fact that it was close to Hobbs Moat. In 1835 and 1841 it was the BEERHOUSE, Thomas Street. Between 1857 and 1868 it was known as the ROSE. It later became the BULLFIELD INN|
|Known Licensees are;
1850 - 1851 William Lance
1868 James Wilcox
1874 G. Budd
Website Content © 2015 Real Ale Rambles. All rights reserved.
Website Design © 2015 Go Graphix.