title artwork
Here is what we think is the only comprehensive record of pubs and beerhouses within the Coventry city boundaries going back as far as available records allow. This is an ongoing project so contributions, corrections or additions to this archive, especially anecdotes, photos and media are most welcome. Feel free to contact us for a pint and a chat anytime.

The Market Tavern

photo

The Market Tavern

NAME MARKET TAVERN
ALTERNATIVE NAMES TIMES SQUARE
ADDRESS MARKET WAY
This pub was named from its proximity to the present indoor market.

This pub opened on 2nd November 1857 under licensee, James B. O'Hare. The license was the suspended one from the Castle Vaults. It was constructed in 1958. In later years the upstairs bar was called TIMES SQUARE and had a seperate entrance. In 1995 it was demolished and replaced by a burger bar.
Known Licensees are;
1957 James B. O'Hare
photo

Market Way from Shelton Square

+ -
Click here to see Research

Website Content © 2015 Real Ale Rambles. All rights reserved.
Credits and Copyrights for photos and images have been given where possible. We apologise for any omissions.

HTML5 Powered with CSS3 / Styling, Device Access, Graphics, 3D & Effects, Multimedia, Performance & Integration, and Semantics logo

Website Design © 2015 Go Graphix.