title artwork
Here is what we think is the only comprehensive record of pubs and beerhouses within the Coventry city boundaries going back as far as available records allow. This is an ongoing project so contributions, corrections or additions to this archive, especially anecdotes, photos and media are most welcome. Feel free to contact us for a pint and a chat anytime.

The Malt Shovel

photo

A postcard featuring Lady Herbert's Garden but providing a rare photographic view of Chauntry Place along the left edge of the gardens. Photo courtesy of Rob Orland

NAME MALT SHOVEL
ADDRESS CHAUNTRY PLACE

A malt shovel is a utensil used to turn grain in a maltings. It is used as a common representation of brewing.

In the Coventry Standard of 14 June and 12th July 1861, this pub was advertised to let.

Known Licensees are;
1850 - 1851 Charles Wells

Website Content © 2015 Real Ale Rambles. All rights reserved.
Credits and Copyrights for photos and images have been given where possible. We apologise for any omissions

HTML5 Powered with CSS3 / Styling, Device Access, Graphics, 3D & Effects, Multimedia, Performance & Integration, and Semantics logo

Website Design © 2015 Go Graphix.