title artwork
Here is what we think is the only comprehensive record of pubs and beerhouses within the Coventry city boundaries going back as far as available records allow. This is an ongoing project so contributions, corrections or additions to this archive, especially anecdotes, photos and media are most welcome. Feel free to contact us for a pint and a chat anytime.

The Loydon Stores

photo
NAME LOYDON STORES
ADDRESS 39 and 40 GILBERT STREET
THIS PREMISES HAS BEEN KNOWN BY DIFFERENT NAMES DURING ITS HISTORY FROM TO KNOWN AS
  1862 COACHMAKERS ARMS
1862 1866 LOYDON STORES
1866 1919 ROYAL ALBERT
1919 1932 ROYAL GEORGE
1932 1972 ROYAL ALBERT
This pub is only known from two references. In 1862 the Loydon Stores public house was to let, and in 1864 the license was trasnsferred from J. Bull to Charles Randle. Before c1860 it was the COACHMAKERS ARMS and after c1866 it was the ROYAL GEORGE.
Known Licensees are;
To 1862 Thomas East
1862 - 1864 James Ball (Bull)
from 1864 Charles Randle
1866 - 1867 Miss Ellen Williams
1867 James Lenton
1867 - 1868 Patrick Kelly
1868 - 1876 George Addison Davis
1879 - 1888 John Pinches
1890 - 1900 Albert Pinches
1901 - 1919 James Aldridge
1921 - 1932 H. E. Taylor
1933 - 1940 William Phillip Parker
1940 William Ernest Roberts
1949 - 1962 Wilfred Charles Edwards
1964 Stanley Wilson

Website Content © 2015 Real Ale Rambles. All rights reserved.
Credits and Copyrights for photos and images have been given where possible. We apologise for any omissions

HTML5 Powered with CSS3 / Styling, Device Access, Graphics, 3D & Effects, Multimedia, Performance & Integration, and Semantics logo

Website Design © 2015 Go Graphix.