title artwork
Here is what we think is the only comprehensive record of pubs and beerhouses within the Coventry city boundaries going back as far as available records allow. This is an ongoing project so contributions, corrections or additions to this archive, especially anecdotes, photos and media are most welcome. Feel free to contact us for a pint and a chat anytime.

The Kings Head

photo
NAME KINGS HEAD
ADDRESS QUEENS STREET
THIS PREMISES HAS BEEN KNOWN BY DIFFERENT NAMES DURING ITS HISTORY FROM TO KNOWN AS
1854 KINGS HEAD
1856 FOUNTAIN

This pub is known from just two references in the Coventry Standard. In 1854 it was for sale and in 1856 had changed its name to the FOUNTAIN and was for sale again. The head usually shown on signs is that of Henry VIII but at least eight other monarchs have been shown. Sometimes there are different kings on each side of the sign board.

Website Content © 2015 Real Ale Rambles. All rights reserved.
Credits and Copyrights for photos and images have been given where possible. We apologise for any omissions

HTML5 Powered with CSS3 / Styling, Device Access, Graphics, 3D & Effects, Multimedia, Performance & Integration, and Semantics logo

Website Design © 2015 Go Graphix.