|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Later VINE COTTAGE|
|ADDRESS||JUNCTION STREET, HILLFIELDS|
|THIS PREMISES WAS KNOWN BY DIFFERENT NAMES DURING ITS HISTORY||FROM||TO||KNOWN AS|
|1853||1874||JUNCTION ARMS, Junction Street|
|1874||c1880||BEERHOUSE, Junction Street|
|c1881||1896||VINE COTTAGE, 8 Cross St|
|1896||1913||BEERHOUSE, 8 Cross St|
|1924||1932||VINE INN, 8 Cross St|
|1932||c1940||VINE COTTAGE, 8 Cross St|
This pub is only known once, from an advertisement in the Coventry Standar in December 1853, when it was called 'a newly built public house at the corner of Junction Street and St Peters Street, in the occupation of Mr Kenning'.
This pub name changed when Junction Street became Vine Street in 1879, it closed shortly afterwards and became a private dwelling. Meanwhile, the Landlord Henry Francis moved, as did the name of the pub, to a new pub at No.8 Cross Street in 1881.
It had an on-beerhouse license from 1896 to 1913
From 1924 to 1932 it is listed as just the ' VINE INN '. the pub continued to trade as the VINE COTTAGE until c1940.
|Known Licensees at the JUNCTION ARMS are;
1853 Mr Kenning
Website Content © 2015 Real Ale Rambles. All rights reserved.
Website Design © 2015 Go Graphix.