|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Previously GREYHOUND|
|ADDRESS||MUCH PARK STREET|
|THIS PREMISES HAS BEEN KNOWN BY DIFFERENT NAMES DURING ITS HISTORY||FROM||TO||KNOWN AS|
|1756||1841||CROWN AND ANCHOR|
|This name came from the proximity of the pub to the Little Park Street Police Station.
Until 1999 this was the GREYHOUND. From that time bands played in the back room and the pub lost its historic character. In 2010 it closed and has been demolished.
|Known Licensees are;
1835 - 1841 Thomas Ward
1850 - 1861 William Standbridge
1861 - 1905 Reuben Standbridge
1909 - 1919 Herbert R. Standbridge
1921 - 1927 S. Daffern
1929 A. R. Manley
1931 - 1932 A. C. Greenway
1937 - 1938 C. J. Jones
1939 - 1940 Mrs. M. H. Jones
1982 Craig Robinson
Website Content © 2015 Real Ale Rambles. All rights reserved.
Website Design © 2015 Go Graphix.