title artwork
Here is what we think is the only comprehensive record of pubs and beerhouses within the Coventry city boundaries going back as far as available records allow. This is an ongoing project so contributions, corrections or additions to this archive, especially anecdotes, photos and media are most welcome. Feel free to contact us for a pint and a chat anytime.

The Jaguar

photo
NAME JAGUAR
ADDRESS CORPORATION STREET
This pub opened on 17th April 1964. it was a long, thin pub in the middle of a row of shops, with both upstairs and downstairs bars.

The name was a reference to the Jaguar motor car company, which was called the SS (Standard Swallow) until 1936. At that time SS became associated with the Nazis, so a change of name was neccessary.

The pub closed in 2010 but is now open again.

Website Content © 2015 Real Ale Rambles. All rights reserved.
Credits and Copyrights for photos and images have been given where possible. We apologise for any omissions

HTML5 Powered with CSS3 / Styling, Device Access, Graphics, 3D & Effects, Multimedia, Performance & Integration, and Semantics logo

Website Design © 2015 Go Graphix.