title artwork
Here is what we think is the only comprehensive record of pubs and beerhouses within the Coventry city boundaries going back as far as available records allow. This is an ongoing project so contributions, corrections or additions to this archive, especially anecdotes, photos and media are most welcome. Feel free to contact us for a pint and a chat anytime.

Inn Place

photo

In the1950s

NAME INN PLACE
ADDRESS 20 HALES STREET
THIS PREMISES HAS BEEN KNOWN BY DIFFERENT NAMES DURING ITS HISTORY FROM TO KNOWN AS
1895 1909 BOARD VAULTS
1911 1998 SWANSWELL HOTEL, SWANSWELL STORES, DOWSE'S PUB
1999 INN PLACE
This name was adopted by the SWANSWELL HOTEL in 1999, the same year that it closed for good. It was demolished in 2010 as part of the Phoenix Project ( Millenium Place ) and the site is now underneath the Garden of International Friendship
Known Licensees are;
1896 - 1909 J. Dowse
1911 - 1919 John Dowse
1921 - 1927 Arthur J. Dowse
1927 Philip Weston
1929 A. E. Williams
1930 - 1940 Lester Mark Tarrant
1947 Thomas Boag Downing
1958 John Henry Edward Maun
1961 William George Ling
1963 onwards Les Court (see clipping above)
Owners
to 1926 Charringtons
map

Website Content © 2015 Real Ale Rambles. All rights reserved.
Credits and Copyrights for photos and images have been given where possible. We apologise for any omissions

HTML5 Powered with CSS3 / Styling, Device Access, Graphics, 3D & Effects, Multimedia, Performance & Integration, and Semantics logo

Website Design © 2015 Go Graphix.