title artwork
Here is what we think is the only comprehensive record of pubs and beerhouses within the Coventry city boundaries going back as far as available records allow. This is an ongoing project so contributions, corrections or additions to this archive, especially anecdotes, photos and media are most welcome. Feel free to contact us for a pint and a chat anytime.

The Hotel Leofric

photo
NAME HOTEL LEOFRIC
ALTERNATIVE NAMES WHITE LION BAR, LEOFRIC HOTEL
ADDRESS BROADGATE
The name came from the Earl of Mercia, Lady Godiva's husband, Earl Leofric.

The first building erected in Broadgate, and replacing temperory shops, was Broadgate House in May 1953. The Hotel Leofric and part of the Upper Precinct followed. The hotel and bar opened in 1955. The White Lion in Ironmonger Row was also part of the Leofric building.

In 2012 it was a Travelodge

Website Content © 2015 Real Ale Rambles. All rights reserved.
Credits and Copyrights for photos and images have been given where possible. We apologise for any omissions

HTML5 Powered with CSS3 / Styling, Device Access, Graphics, 3D & Effects, Multimedia, Performance & Integration, and Semantics logo

Website Design © 2015 Go Graphix.