title artwork
Here is what we think is the only comprehensive record of pubs and beerhouses within the Coventry city boundaries going back as far as available records allow. This is an ongoing project so contributions, corrections or additions to this archive, especially anecdotes, photos and media are most welcome. Feel free to contact us for a pint and a chat anytime.

The Herald

HERALD PUB @ CANLEY near COVENTRY
NAME HERALD
ADDRESS SIR HENRY PARKES ROAD
This pub was named after the Triumph Herald motor car, which was first built in 1959 in the Standard factory that stood on the other side of the railway line from the pub. The Herald opened in April 1964. The pub had a strange circular lounge and an ordinary bar. When the factory was working this was a very busy pub, when the factory went so did the pub's trade. The pub's long slow decline mirrored that of the car industry locally and the closure of the level crossing in 2004 only hastened the process. The Herald closed in 2010 and was demolished in July 2011 to make way for a care home to be built on the site.
Known Licensees are;
1982 Tom Quinn

Website Content © 2015 Real Ale Rambles. All rights reserved.
Credits and Copyrights for photos and images have been given where possible. We apologise for any omissions

HTML5 Powered with CSS3 / Styling, Device Access, Graphics, 3D & Effects, Multimedia, Performance & Integration, and Semantics logo

Website Design © 2015 Go Graphix.