title artwork
Here is what we think is the only comprehensive record of pubs and beerhouses within the Coventry city boundaries going back as far as available records allow. This is an ongoing project so contributions, corrections or additions to this archive, especially anecdotes, photos and media are most welcome. Feel free to contact us for a pint and a chat anytime.

The Gosford Arms

photo
NAME GOSFORD ARMS
ALTERNATIVE NAMES Previously PITT'S HEAD
ADDRESS 65 & 66 FAR GOSFORD STREET
map

This pub appears to date from before 1800. the present building is two storey, in brick, with a parapet and of six bays. The door and carriageway are either side of four ground storey windows. Between 1874 and 1909 No 65 was seperated from the pub and was a chemists shop.

the licensee from 1845 to 1850 was John 'Fatty' Adrian, a local prizefighter. The pub closed in 1990 only to reopen in 1993 as the GOSFORD ARMS

65 & 66 Far Gosford Street - The Gosford Arms (formally The Pitt's Head)
 

Website Content © 2015 Real Ale Rambles. All rights reserved.
Credits and Copyrights for photos and images have been given where possible. We apologise for any omissions

HTML5 Powered with CSS3 / Styling, Device Access, Graphics, 3D & Effects, Multimedia, Performance & Integration, and Semantics logo

Website Design © 2015 Go Graphix.