title artwork
Here is what we think is the only comprehensive record of pubs and beerhouses within the Coventry city boundaries going back as far as available records allow. This is an ongoing project so contributions, corrections or additions to this archive, especially anecdotes, photos and media are most welcome. Feel free to contact us for a pint and a chat anytime.

The Golden Horse

photo
NAME GOLDEN HORSE
ADDRESS 46 SMITH STREET
This pub opened in 1904. In 1926 it was sold by Charringtons along with four houses: 48,50,52 and 54 Smith Street. The rent for the pub was £80 per annum, for two of the houses 9s 6d per week and the other two houses 10s per week.

In 1982 it was described as "a very ordinary, typical backstreet working class local but with a very pleasant atmosphere".
Known Licensees are;
1905 - 1913 Joseph Charles Eggington
1919 - 1922 Christopher C. Eggington
1924 A. J. Chattaway
1926 - 1932 Mr W. J. R. Bryan
1933 - 1940 C. W. Bannister
1955 - 1957 Thomas Payne
map
Owners
to 1926 Charringtons

Website Content © 2015 Real Ale Rambles. All rights reserved.
Credits and Copyrights for photos and images have been given where possible. We apologise for any omissions

HTML5 Powered with CSS3 / Styling, Device Access, Graphics, 3D & Effects, Multimedia, Performance & Integration, and Semantics logo

Website Design © 2015 Go Graphix.