title artwork
Here is what we think is the only comprehensive record of pubs and beerhouses within the Coventry city boundaries going back as far as available records allow. This is an ongoing project so contributions, corrections or additions to this archive, especially anecdotes, photos and media are most welcome. Feel free to contact us for a pint and a chat anytime.

The Fletchamstead Hotel

photo
NAME FLETCHAMSTEAD HOTEL
ALTERNATIVE NAMES THE FLETCH
ADDRESS FLETCHAMSTEAD HIGHWAY
The name is actually a local place name, from Fletchamstead Hall.

The pub opened in 1937 in an art deco style. The lounge bar had an art deco construction of glass and chrome that really was a sight to see. It was still there when the pub closed in 2010. It had waitress service in the large back room. The landlady in World War Two, a Mrs Shaw, used to auction legs of pork and tins of Spam to help the war effort.

The name changed to THE FLETCH in 1964. By 1983 the large back room now hosted live music as a function room.

By 2010 it had become a car showroom.
Known Licensees are;
1939 - 1940 F. Shaw
1960 - 1962 W. R. Roberts
1984 Donal O'Brien

Website Content © 2015 Real Ale Rambles. All rights reserved.
Credits and Copyrights for photos and images have been given where possible. We apologise for any omissions

HTML5 Powered with CSS3 / Styling, Device Access, Graphics, 3D & Effects, Multimedia, Performance & Integration, and Semantics logo

Website Design © 2015 Go Graphix.