|ADDRESS||305 ARMFIELD ROAD, FOLESHILL|
|THIS PREMISES HAS BEEN KNOWN BY DIFFERENT NAMES DURING ITS HISTORY||FROM||TO||KNOWN AS|
|1801||c1994||GOLDEN FLEECE, GOLDEN FLEECE HOTEL|
|1845||BEERHOUSE, Courthouse Green|
|1876||BEERHOUSE, Hall Green|
|This is mentioned in a marriage settlement of 1820.
From 1841 see the GOLDEN FLEECE, although it is refered to as the Golden Fleece as early as 1801 and the Fleece continued to be used as a shortened version of the name. For example, in the 18th October 1871 edition of Jobsons Coventry Mercury the Fleece in Bell Green is to let.
Known Licensees at the GOLDEN FLEECE are;
|Known Licensees at the BEERHOUSE, Courthouse Green are;
1845 John Bradford
|1850 - 1866 John Bradford
1868 - 1871 John ( Joseph ) Chandler
1874 - 1876 James Bunn
|Known Licensees at the BEERHOUSE, Hall Green are;
1876 William Ball
|1879 - 1880 William Ball
1888 Mrs Selina Ball
1892 - 1904 Joseph Eaton
1908 - 1924 Albert Edgar Makepeace
1931 - 1934 J. Stafford
1935 - 1936 A. J. Bolsbridge
1937 - 1938 W. Lomas
1939 - 1940 A. H. Webb
1960 L. H. Spear & Sidney Cook
1961 - 1962 Sidney Cook
Website Content © 2015 Real Ale Rambles. All rights reserved.
Website Design © 2015 Go Graphix.