|This building was converted to use as a pub cum restaurant c2000. The building dates back to 1600, when George Pooler, a poor man of Allesley, was given permission to build a cottage on waste ground east of the church. The cottage was sold to Richard Ebourne, a baker, in 1629 and his son, also a Richard, built the main house onto the original cottage.
In 1929 it became a convalescent home, after whichj it was presented to the Crippled Children's Guild by Thomas Paybody.
In 1938 it became an orthopaedic hospital, then the Paybody Eye Hospital. Then it became a pub.