title artwork
Here is what we think is the only comprehensive record of pubs and beerhouses within the Coventry city boundaries going back as far as available records allow. This is an ongoing project so contributions, corrections or additions to this archive, especially anecdotes, photos and media are most welcome. Feel free to contact us for a pint and a chat anytime.

The Dog and Gun

NAME DOG AND GUN
ADDRESS LONDON ROAD
ALTERNATIVE ADDRESSES MUCH PARK STREET, BRICK KILN LANE
This name is a reference to hunting.

The original Plough Hotel on the London Road stood in a row of cottages alongside another pub, the Dog and Gun. They stood just outside the City Gate, surrounded by open fields in previous centuries.
Known Licensees are;
1828 - 1829 Sarah Hall
1841 John Smith
1845 - 1850 William M.Dale
1861 - 1868 Joseph Hough farmer and publican

Website Content © 2015 Real Ale Rambles. All rights reserved.
Credits and Copyrights for photos and images have been given where possible. We apologise for any omissions

HTML5 Powered with CSS3 / Styling, Device Access, Graphics, 3D & Effects, Multimedia, Performance & Integration, and Semantics logo

Website Design © 2015 Go Graphix.