title artwork
Here is what we think is the only comprehensive record of pubs and beerhouses within the Coventry city boundaries going back as far as available records allow. This is an ongoing project so contributions, corrections or additions to this archive, especially anecdotes, photos and media are most welcome. Feel free to contact us for a pint and a chat anytime.

The Denbigh Arms

photo
NAME DENBIGH ARMS
ADDRESS 28 GOSFORD STREET
This name refers to the Earls of Denbigh.

In 1838 this was the headquarters of the Coventry Cricket Club. In 1860 it was up for sale and had closed by c1868.
Known Licensees are;
1841 John Johnson
1841 Elizabeth Johnson beer seller
1850 - 1851 James Crockford weaver

Website Content © 2015 Real Ale Rambles. All rights reserved.
Credits and Copyrights for photos and images have been given where possible. We apologise for any omissions

HTML5 Powered with CSS3 / Styling, Device Access, Graphics, 3D & Effects, Multimedia, Performance & Integration, and Semantics logo

Website Design © 2015 Go Graphix.