title artwork
Here is what we think is the only comprehensive record of pubs and beerhouses within the Coventry city boundaries going back as far as available records allow. This is an ongoing project so contributions, corrections or additions to this archive, especially anecdotes, photos and media are most welcome. Feel free to contact us for a pint and a chat anytime.

The Crown

photo
NAME CROWN
ADDRESS MUCH PARK STREET
THIS PREMISES HAS BEEN KNOWN BY DIFFERENT NAMES DURING ITS HISTORY FROM TO KNOWN AS
1756 CROWN
1756 1845 CROWN AND ANCHOR
1841 2001 GREYHOUND
2001 2010 JAILHOUSE
Eight soldiers were biletted here in 1756.

In 2010 it closed and has been demolished.
Known Licensees are;
1835 - 1841 Thomas Ward
1850 - 1861 William Standbridge
1861 - 1905 Reuben Standbridge
1909 - 1919 Herbert R. Standbridge
1921 - 1927 S. Daffern
1929 A. R. Manley
1931 - 1932 A. C. Greenway
1937 - 1938 C. J. Jones
1939 - 1940 Mrs. M. H. Jones
1982 Craig Robinson
map

Website Content © 2015 Real Ale Rambles. All rights reserved.
Credits and Copyrights for photos and images have been given where possible. We apologise for any omissions

HTML5 Powered with CSS3 / Styling, Device Access, Graphics, 3D & Effects, Multimedia, Performance & Integration, and Semantics logo

Website Design © 2015 Go Graphix.