|ADDRESS||96 KING WILLIAM STREET|
THIS PREMISES HAS BEEN KNOWN BY DIFFERENT NAMES DURING ITS HISTORY
See all available records HERE
|1841||BEERHOUSE, 98 King William Street|
|1845||1896||PRIMROSE HILL TAVERN|
|Well over 500 pubs have this name, reflecting the popularity of an inn sign that has been used for some six hundred years. It is a simple visual symbol, easy to illustrate and easy to recognise whilst at the same time it demonstrates loyalty to the reigning monarch.
To 1896 this was the PRIMROSE HILL TAVERN. In 1935 & 1936 it advertised 'M&B's ales and stouts. Spirits and cigars. New and old customers always welcome.'
|Known Licensees are;
1903 - 1905 Arthur W. Edge
1909 - 1912 James Henry Judd
1912 - 1913 Edwin Arnett
1919 A. C. Maiden
1921 - 1926 Frederick Parker
1924 - 1934 L. J. Throssell
1935 - 1936 A. J. Allen
1937 - 1940 A. Hunt
Website Content © 2015 Real Ale Rambles. All rights reserved.
Website Design © 2015 Go Graphix.