title artwork
Here is what we think is the only comprehensive record of pubs and beerhouses within the Coventry city boundaries going back as far as available records allow. This is an ongoing project so contributions, corrections or additions to this archive, especially anecdotes, photos and media are most welcome. Feel free to contact us for a pint and a chat anytime.

The Crown

map
NAME CROWN
ALTERNATIVE NAMES later OLD CROWN
ADDRESS WINDMILL LANE, FOLESHILL
Well over 500 pubs have this name, reflecting the popularity of an inn sign that has been used for some six hundred years. It is a simple visual symbol, easy to illustrate and easy to recognise whilst at the same time it demonstrates loyalty to the reigning monarch.

From 1908 this was the OLD CROWN.
Known Licensees are;
1845 George Longfield
1863 - 1868 Richard Green
1874 Joseph Stanley
1876 - 1880 Stanley Jaques
1888 - 1892 Mrs. Anne Jaques

Website Content © 2015 Real Ale Rambles. All rights reserved.
Credits and Copyrights for photos and images have been given where possible. We apologise for any omissions

HTML5 Powered with CSS3 / Styling, Device Access, Graphics, 3D & Effects, Multimedia, Performance & Integration, and Semantics logo

Website Design © 2015 Go Graphix.