|NAME||CROWN AND ANCHOR|
|ADDRESS||MUCH PARK STREET|
|THIS PREMISES HAS BEEN KNOWN BY DIFFERENT NAMES DURING ITS HISTORY||FROM||TO||KNOWN AS|
|1756||1845||CROWN AND ANCHOR|
|This is the badge of the Lord High Admiral and also the arm-badge of the Royal Navy's petty officers. Retired seamen who became licensees were fond of the name.
Eight soldiers were biletted here in 1756. This became the GREYHOUND and from 1991 the JAILHOUSE.
In 2010 it closed and has been demolished.
|Known Licensees are;
1835 - 1841 Thomas Ward
1850 - 1861 William Standbridge
1861 - 1905 Reuben Standbridge
1909 - 1919 Herbert R. Standbridge
1921 - 1927 S. Daffern
1929 A. R. Manley
1931 - 1932 A. C. Greenway
1937 - 1938 C. J. Jones
1939 - 1940 Mrs. M. H. Jones
1982 Craig Robinson
Website Content © 2015 Real Ale Rambles. All rights reserved.
Website Design © 2015 Go Graphix.