|NAME||THE COURT HOUSE|
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||THE NUFFIELD|
|There was probably a medieval courthouse, a meeting place where justice was meeted out, at Courthouse Green. This later became Courthouse Farm. The pub looked to be a between-the-wars building. In the days when Morris Engines plant was in full production, this pub would be full to bursting at lunchtimes but it closed in 2009 and was demolished the following year. The building of 323 new houses on the site commenced in 2012.|
|Known Licensees are;
1955 - 1962 George W. A. Elton
1960s Joseph Quinn see also at Admiral Codrington Radford Road
1985 Tom Caterbury
Date see below
LJ Vol 4 P52
COURTHOUSE, corner of Blackberry Lane and Nuffield Road Publican's license
See letter with name 15.12.1939
Owner : Messrs Ansells Brewery Ltd, Aston Brewery, Park Road, Aston, Birmingham
Licensees : Edmund Foster
1.1.1940 William Francis Stanton
Music & Dancing. Assembly room ( ground floor ) 6 days
Music license for reproduction of wireless in all public rooms 7 days
The payment of the sum of four thousand and eight hundred pounds ( £ 4,800 ) monopoly value payable on or before the issue of the first Excise license such Excise license to be taken out within fourteen days from the date of the final order.
1.1.1940 Final order
Wikipedia William Morris begn making cars in 1912 in Oxford. He was created Lord Nuffield in 1934. The Morris Engines plant was near the pub in Courthouse Green. This pub stood on the corner of Blackberry Road and Nuffield Road
This name was was changed to the Court House before the pub was opened
Website Content © 2016 Real Ale Rambles. All rights reserved.
Website Design © 2016 Go Graphix.