title artwork
Here is what we think is the only comprehensive record of pubs and beerhouses within the Coventry city boundaries going back as far as available records allow. This is an ongoing project so contributions, corrections or additions to this archive, especially anecdotes, photos and media are most welcome. Feel free to contact us for a pint and a chat anytime.

Beerhouse

ADDRESS 771 STONEY STANTON ROAD
ALTERNATIVE ADDRESSES RED HOUSE ROAD, FOLESHILL, PARADISE, COURTHOUSE GREEN, BIRCH'S BRIDGE
THIS BECAME NAVIGATION

This pub was close to the Coventry canal. In 1900 this was the BEERHOUSE, Courthouse Green

This pub was owned by Phipps of Northampton, along with two cottages on Bridge Street. It was rebuilt in 1926. At that time it was a real old canalside pub selling Phipps dark and light mild.

By 1985 it had become part of Mann's estate and had one through lounge cum bar. Then, strangely, in 1991 it became a Bellhaven pub. Bellhaven brewery was in Dunbar, Scotland. Soon after this it closed, and following an arson attack in 1999 it was demolished.

Known Licensees are;
1841 James Rowston
1845 James Daffern & blacksmith
1850 John Nicholls
1863 - 1866 John Warwick & limeburner
1868 Mrs A. Warwick
1871 - 1880 Charles Archer
1888 - 1892 William Lole
1903 - 1913 J. Cakebread
navigation inn stoney stanton road

Website Content © 2015 Real Ale Rambles. All rights reserved.
Credits and Copyrights for photos and images have been given where possible. We apologise for any omissions

HTML5 Powered with CSS3 / Styling, Device Access, Graphics, 3D & Effects, Multimedia, Performance & Integration, and Semantics logo

Website Design © 2015 Go Graphix.