title artwork
Here is what we think is the only comprehensive record of pubs and beerhouses within the Coventry city boundaries going back as far as available records allow. This is an ongoing project so contributions, corrections or additions to this archive, especially anecdotes, photos and media are most welcome. Feel free to contact us for a pint and a chat anytime.



At this time Tile Hill and Westwood were owned by the Lords Leigh of Stoneleigh Abbey.

There are some beerhouses

In the 1871 census George Sparrow is 51 and a manager in a brickyard in Stoneleigh.

The only other Sparrow recorded in the website is E. T. B. Sparrow at the White Lion (Beerhouse), Wall Hill Lane, from 1937 to 1940.

  • 1888 - 1892 George Sparrow

Website Content © 2015 Real Ale Rambles. All rights reserved.
Credits and Copyrights for photos and images have been given where possible. We apologise for any omissions

HTML5 Powered with CSS3 / Styling, Device Access, Graphics, 3D & Effects, Multimedia, Performance & Integration, and Semantics logo

Website Design © 2015 Go Graphix.