title artwork
Here is what we think is the only comprehensive record of pubs and beerhouses within the Coventry city boundaries going back as far as available records allow. This is an ongoing project so contributions, corrections or additions to this archive, especially anecdotes, photos and media are most welcome. Feel free to contact us for a pint and a chat anytime.

Beerhouse

ADDRESS STONELEIGH
ALTERNATIVE ADDRESSES TILE HILL

At this time Tile Hill and Westwood were owned by the Lords Leigh of Stoneleigh Abbey. There are some beerhouses

In the 1861 census Robert Keartland was 43 and a brewer and grocer in Westwood. In 1871 he was 53 and a grocer and brewer in the Public House, Stoneleigh.

the only other Keartlands in the website are those that ran the Three Tuns in Warwick Row from 1874 to 1894, they were Jonas Keartland, Mrs T. J. Keartland, E. Keartland and Mrs E. Keartland.

  • 1863 - 1874 Robert Keartland & grocer, assistant overseer & collector of poor & highway rates & surveyor of turnpike roads.
  • 1879 - 1880 Mrs Martha Keartland Beer dealer & grocer

Website Content © 2015 Real Ale Rambles. All rights reserved.
Credits and Copyrights for photos and images have been given where possible. We apologise for any omissions

HTML5 Powered with CSS3 / Styling, Device Access, Graphics, 3D & Effects, Multimedia, Performance & Integration, and Semantics logo

Website Design © 2015 Go Graphix.