title artwork
Here is what we think is the only comprehensive record of pubs and beerhouses within the Coventry city boundaries going back as far as available records allow. This is an ongoing project so contributions, corrections or additions to this archive, especially anecdotes, photos and media are most welcome. Feel free to contact us for a pint and a chat anytime.

Beerhouse

ADDRESS STOKE

In the 1851 census Eliza Ensor is 39 and married to David Ensor, a carpenter. Their son is David. In the 1861 census Eliza Ensor, 48, is a widow and a publican in South Street, with a son David, 22, a carpenter. in 1871 David is a master carpenter employing 2 boys in Spon Street.

In 1850 David Ensor is the licensee of the Beerhouse, Far Gosford Street. This must be the same premises. The only other Ensors in the nieteenth century in the website are;
John Ensor at the Golden Ball, Bishop Street, in 1841
William Ensor at the New Inn in Longford in 1874

Known Licensees are;
1863 David Ensor

link to previous pub link to previous pub link to next pub link to previous pub link to next pub link to previous pub link to next pub link to previous pub link to next pub
 

Website Content © 2015 Real Ale Rambles. All rights reserved.
Credits and Copyrights for photos and images have been given where possible. We apologise for any omissions

HTML5 Powered with CSS3 / Styling, Device Access, Graphics, 3D & Effects, Multimedia, Performance & Integration, and Semantics logo

Website Design © 2015 Go Graphix.