title artwork
Here is what we think is the only comprehensive record of pubs and beerhouses within the Coventry city boundaries going back as far as available records allow. This is an ongoing project so contributions, corrections or additions to this archive, especially anecdotes, photos and media are most welcome. Feel free to contact us for a pint and a chat anytime.

Beerhouse

ADDRESS LONGFORD
ALTERNATIVE ADDRESSES 140 LONGFORD ROAD
THIS BECAME GRIFFIN INN
THIS PREMISES HAS BEEN KNOWN BY DIFFERENT NAMES DURING ITS HISTORY FROM TO KNOWN AS
1772 GRIFFIN INN, OLD GRIFFIN INN
1863 1924 BEERHOUSE, 140 Longford Road
1924 1980s GRIFFIN INN, OLD GRIFFIN INN
After 1888 this continued as a public house

Known Licensees at the GRIFFIN are;
1929 - 1934 J.J. Rodgers
1935 - 1938 L. P. Cross
1939 - 1962 J. Hilton
1960's David Marlow (see above)

Known Licensees at the BEERHOUSE are;
Hackett
1863 - 1876 George Woodhouse & boot & shoe maker
1879 - 1888 Benjamin Woodhouse
1892 Joseph Stanley
1900 - 1904 Thomas Court(s)
1907 J. J. Rogers
1921-22 Thomas Court

map

Website Content © 2015 Real Ale Rambles. All rights reserved.
Credits and Copyrights for photos and images have been given where possible. We apologise for any omissions

HTML5 Powered with CSS3 / Styling, Device Access, Graphics, 3D & Effects, Multimedia, Performance & Integration, and Semantics logo

Website Design © 2015 Go Graphix.