title artwork
Here is what we think is the only comprehensive record of pubs and beerhouses within the Coventry city boundaries going back as far as available records allow. This is an ongoing project so contributions, corrections or additions to this archive, especially anecdotes, photos and media are most welcome. Feel free to contact us for a pint and a chat anytime.

Beerhouse

photo
ADDRESS LITTLE HEATH
ALTERNATIVE ADDRESSES 1007 FOLESHILL ROAD
THIS BECAME THREE HORSE SHOES

THIS PREMISES HAS BEEN KNOWN BY DIFFERENT NAMES DURING ITS HISTORY

See all available records HERE

FROM TO KNOWN AS
1861 present THREE HORSE SHOES INN / HOTEL
1863 1924 BEERHOUSE, Little Heath

In the 1851 census there are no matching records for Isaac Edwards but in 1861 he is 34, a publican and blacksmith at the Three Horse Shoes, Foleshill. In 1871 there are no matching records again.

The Three Horse Shoes had a public house license from 1894 with the exeption of this time period

Known Licensees at the BEERHOUSE, Little Heath are;
1863 Isaac Edwards & blacksmith
1908 Thomas Walling
1912 - 1924 Henry Sutton

Website Content © 2015 Real Ale Rambles. All rights reserved.
Credits and Copyrights for photos and images have been given where possible. We apologise for any omissions

HTML5 Powered with CSS3 / Styling, Device Access, Graphics, 3D & Effects, Multimedia, Performance & Integration, and Semantics logo

Website Design © 2015 Go Graphix.