title artwork
Here is what we think is the only comprehensive record of pubs and beerhouses within the Coventry city boundaries going back as far as available records allow. This is an ongoing project so contributions, corrections or additions to this archive, especially anecdotes, photos and media are most welcome. Feel free to contact us for a pint and a chat anytime.

Beerhouse

photo
ADDRESS LITTLE HEATH
THIS BECAME WILLIAM THE FOURTH
THIS PREMISES WAS KNOWN BY DIFFERENT NAMES DURING ITS HISTORY FROM TO KNOWN AS
1837 c1841 WILLIAM IV
c1841 c1863 BEERHOUSE LITTLE HEATH
c1863 2010 WILLIAM IV

In 1841 Lydia Bayliss is 30 and a publican at Bacons Yard, Little Heath. In 1851 she is 45, a retailer of beer in Little Heath and in 1861 she is 58 and a beer retailer at the WILLIAM THE FOURTH, Little Heath.

By 1871 there are no matching records.

Known Licensees are;
1845 - 1863 Mrs Lydia Baylis & baker

Website Content © 2015 Real Ale Rambles. All rights reserved.
Credits and Copyrights for photos and images have been given where possible. We apologise for any omissions

HTML5 Powered with CSS3 / Styling, Device Access, Graphics, 3D & Effects, Multimedia, Performance & Integration, and Semantics logo

Website Design © 2015 Go Graphix.