title artwork
Here is what we think is the only comprehensive record of pubs and beerhouses within the Coventry city boundaries going back as far as available records allow. This is an ongoing project so contributions, corrections or additions to this archive, especially anecdotes, photos and media are most welcome. Feel free to contact us for a pint and a chat anytime.

Beerhouse

ADDRESS ALDERMANS GREEN ROAD, HALL GREEN

THIS PREMISES HAS BEEN KNOWN BY DIFFERENT NAMES DURING ITS HISTORY

See all available records HERE

FROM TO KNOWN AS
1863 1912 BEERHOUSE, Aldermans Green Road and BEERHOUSE, Hall Green
1879 1907 ROSE IN JUNE
In 1876, 1908 and 1912 this is referred to as the BEERHOUSE, Hall Green. In 1907 it was advertising Phipps and Co of Northampton's ales drawn from the wood. Licensee. Thomas Smith. was vice chairman of the parish council and died on 25th August 1908. The cottage that was the ROSE IN JUNE has only been demolished in recent years.
Known Licensees are;
1863 - 1868 William Harrison
1876 Thomas Turrell
1908 - 1912 Thomas Smith

Website Content © 2015 Real Ale Rambles. All rights reserved.
Credits and Copyrights for photos and images have been given where possible. We apologise for any omissions

HTML5 Powered with CSS3 / Styling, Device Access, Graphics, 3D & Effects, Multimedia, Performance & Integration, and Semantics logo

Website Design © 2015 Go Graphix.